Monday, November 14, 2011

Move it.....Move it.....Move it......

Breathe
In, two, three, four,
Out, two, three, four.

In, two, three, four,
Out, two, three, four.


Don't have time to exercise today? Got at least 10 minutes? Try this quick and easy daily power walk to get your metabolism moving.

First, warm up your body and wake up your metabolism when you first get up in the morning. Begin with a couple of diaphragmatic breaths: Inhale deeply to the count of 1; hold the breath to the cound of 4; then exhale to the count of 2. Breath in this manner for 3-5 minutes.

Next, inhale through your nose to the count of 4 and exhale to the count of 4 through your mouth. Repeat this breathwalk for 5 minutes continuously.

The Power Walk. This is a tidbit I got from the step aerobics class I took. It is perfect for folks like me who hate exercise. The idea of being in a gym with 20 or more other sweaty souls mimicing exercising and listening to a slim, good looking, physically fit instructor count for me and say, "good", "alright now", "here we go", "one more set", "that's it", "good job"; just doesn't sit well with me. I just don't get anything out of it. I can hardly wait until its over. I prefer to do something more meaningingful, like riding my bike, skating, or dancing.

On those days when I just don't feel like exercising or when I am too busy to do what I like as far as exercise is concerned, I have adapted the Power Walk. I find it to be very beneficial in getting my metabolism moving and burning calories that would otherwise be stored as fat. I can feel the burning sensation in my limbs. It is magnificent. The Power Walk even aids in keeping my mood happy and vibrant for the day.

For best results, experts suggest you hit the floor moving in the morning. They suggest you put on your walking clothes and shoes and hit the door immediately. Go outside in the open air and in order to warm up your body and wake up your metabolim. Take in a few deep breaths; inhale to the count of one...hold the breath to the count of four...then exhale to the count of two. NEXT, a for the next five minutes of your walk, inhale four quick breaths and exhale four quick breaths. That's all you need to do, I am usually ready to walk a bit longer after this effective pick me up. Try it. You will like.

An early morning power walk outside in the "fresh" air feels freakin fantastic.  As you can see I like that phrase "freakin fantastic".  I got it off of the movie Mirror Has Two Faces with Barbara Streisand.  It's a really good movie you gotta rent it.  I have it on my favorite movie shelf.  When are you going to start your power walks? 

For more information on the power walk go to: www.breathwalk.com or ask your doctor and exercise instructor.  Remember to always consult your health care practitioner before starting any weight loss or exercise program.  It's just smart business.

No comments:

Post a Comment