Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crock Pot Cooking: You Can Have it All

In this day and age, mothers seem to be too busy to cook good healthy food for their families. As a result we are a nation of obese and unhealthy citizens. Plus, since McDonald's and other fast food franchises have made their way to other countries, obesity and ill health is becoming a world wide problem. Someone in each household needs to cook. But, everyone is busy! These days even when I am home all day. I am busy working. So, what are we to do!

There are ways to combat this transformation. The use of a crock pot is an easy solution. Crock Pots, also referred to as crockery cooking are simple kitchen appliances to operate. To learn about the specific features of your model, check the manufacturer's instruction booklet for best results.

Planning ahead is a must. I have to know exactly what I will be cooking for the week. With practice this process doesn't take too long. I use Sundays, the first day of the week, to chop and measure vegetables I may need during the week in my crock potting cooking. I store these vegetables in ziplock bags for easy access. TIf I think I may use chicken, fish, or other meats in my cooking, I boil and season them ahead of time and store them in ziplock bags as well. I boil my meats because it makes it easier the body to metabolize and is easier to digest. Boiling of the meats also removes the excess fat and blood, which according to the Lord's dietary law, are not supposed to be consumed (Leviticus 3:17). Taking the time to prepare the ingredients I will need for the week ahead of time doesn't actually take that long and helps to make my busy days less stressful. Plus, I can be certain my family and I eat well instead filling ourselves with fast foods or frozen prepared foods that are also unhealthy.

I'm getting really quick. I can fill my crock pot with all the necessary ingredients and seasonings quick and fast. We look forward to coming home after a busy day and smell good food cooking ready for immediate consumption. On days when I am upstairs busy pecking away at my keyboard, it is comforting when I smell the aroma of our healthy dinner slowly cooking and filling the house with its redolence. It makes me feel like a better mother when my children can fill their bellies with the necessary nutrients they need to do well in school. Of course it is a satisfying plus to have healthy food prepared to aid in my shedding of unnecessary weight permanently. Usually all I have to do is add a salad, crackers, or bread to complete my meal. I love it!

A crockpot is a tool useful to the contemporay and busy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment