Sunday, November 20, 2011

Why I Write?

I write because I
            hear what the voice of many waters sing
            get weary of turbulence in this life
            praise Jesus the Holy King
            cry because I am hurt
            love to laugh instead of weep
            am thankful he brought me from the dirt
            wait in haste but desire to trust
            pursue patience virtue and knowledge
            am being trained to shy from carnal lust
            need my maker to purge sin he sees
            want to be healed of the old wound and scar
            thirst to deliberately stir emotion in others
            love to teach young minds and shake them ajar

I write because I
            smell music swirling  deep in  my bones
            can hear the praise song in my head ring
            am quickened by the rhythm in the sound   
            help proclaim the nobility of my people
            propagate, enlighten, diversify, and expound
            am part of a glorious people’s past
            feel the hurt and harm piercing from the bondage
            want this knowledge to help our future last
            pray for tender mercy, loving kindness, and the seal
            love to praise and pray to The Most High
            need to solidify my own inner  beauty and zeal
            need to reaffirm my inner strength with speed
            desire to dwell in the house of God
            aspire to always trust His lead
            want to thank Him for allowing me to see
            need to increase my faith in my Lord
            seek a greater joy than man has given me
                                                                                             
I write because I
            hear the music and the song in my pen
            suddenly have a whole lot  to say
            consistently fall and make crazy mistakes
            want to leave a legacy for my precious young
            understand that salvation sits on high stakes
            am aware of spiritual wickedness in high places
            study the cause of powers and principalities
            love to put smiles on stressed out faces
            have a story to tell
            have a mission to reach
            needed to come out of pity’s shell

I write because I
            flutter as I feel the cadence beat
            feel a joyous pulsating trance
            love the sound to jump me out of my seat
            find understanding, strength, and power in my pen
            seek to comfort my sentimental spirit
            need a love that seems far beyond men
            have done everything I can think of to do
            won’t give up but don’t dare fall
            hold on to what I know is true
            lift His name on high everyday
            am glad I know Jesus and the plan
            am grateful for all blessings and the narrow way
         
The Purple Rose ISBN 1-60474-262-3 The Purple Rose is a book of poetry which can be used as daily inspiriationals and a bible companion, written as tools for healing, inspiration, and encouragement. The author wants women to understand clearly that there is hope in God, and that they have within them the power needed to change those circumstances in their lives which they feel powerless to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment